Climate change has become a pressing global issue and the world is taking every effort to combat against it in different fronts. Sustainable finance and investing will play a pivotal role in directing capital towards projects and assets that deliver positive environmental and social impact for our transition towards a climate resilient and sustainable future. Hong Kong as a leading green and sustainable financial hub can contribute to the world’s effort and support the global transition towards a low-carbon and sustainable economy.
We are sorry that the house is already full so we may not be able to enroll you at the moment. Should you be interested to be placed on our waiting list, kindly email the program administrator Ms Phoeme Ma (firstname.lastname@example.org). We shall contact you if any vacancy arises.
Hong Kong Green Finance Association and HKUST Business School Executive Education Office Certificate in Sustainable Finance program supports the Hong Kong SAR Government’s drive to build ESG talent capacity and upskill the next generation of sustainable finance professionals. The program provides unique access to learn from industry experts and academia on the Asian sustainable finance landscape, sustainable financing products, ESG integration and climate risk management to achieve net zero targets. Program participants benefit from joining the HKGFA-HKUST alumni network, providing access to ongoing training and networking opportunities.
It is one of the Eligible Programs under the Pilot Green and Sustainable Finance Capacity Building Support Scheme. The total amount of reimbursement for each applicant under the Scheme is subject to a ceiling of HK$10,000.
Click here for Further Program Details
18 & 25 March and 1 April 2023 (Saturday)
08:45 – 09:00 – Registration
09:00 – 12:00 – Morning Session
12:00 – 13:00 – Lunch Break/Networking
13:00 – 16:00 – Afternoon Session
*Daily schedule is subject to change
HKUST Business School Central Room 1501-02, Hong Kong Club Building 3A Chater Road Central, Hong Kong
HKGFA and HKUST Business School will jointly issue the Certificate of Completion to participants who have achieved a 70% attendance and assessment pass mark.
A written proof of attendance will be distributed to participants upon completion of program. SFC licensed persons/ The Law Society of Hong Kong members/ HKICPA members are eligible to claim CPT hours/ CPD hours based on the member guidelines.
Program Fee HK$15,000
HKGFA Members and HKUST Alumni (including participants of our open programs) can enjoy special rate at HK$13,500 (inclusive of light lunch)
Module 1 – Sustainable Finance Standards, Principals, Taxonomies and Regulations
1) Mr. K.T. Ting, Chief Operating Officer, Hong Kong Quality Assurance Agency
2) Dr. Calvin Lee Kwan, Adjunct Associate Professor for the Division of Environment and Sustainability, HKUST; Green and Sustainable Real Estate WG Co-chair, HKGFA; Director of Sustainability and Risk Governance, Link Asset Management Limited
Module 2 – ESG disclosure, Reporting and Data in Asia
1) Dr. Calvin Lee Kwan, Adjunct Associate Professor for the Division of Environment and Sustainability, HKUST; Green and Sustainable Real Estate WG Co-chair, HKGFA; Director of Sustainability and Risk Governance, Link Asset Management Limited
2) Dr. Entela Benz-Saliasi, Adjunct Associate Professor of Department of Finance, HKUST; CEO and Founder, Intensel Limited
Module 3 – Structuring Sustainable Finance Products
1) Prof. Veronique Lafon-Vinais, Co-Director, BSc in Sustainable and Green Finance; Associate Professor of Business Education, HKUST
2) Ms. Chaoni Huang, Managing Director, Head of Sustainable Capital Markets, Global Markets APAC, BNP Paribas; Vice President and Secretary General, HKGFA
Module 4 – Designing Sustainable Portfolio, ESG Investing and Risk Management
1) Mr. Gabriel Wilson-Otto, Head of Sustainable Investing Strategy, Fidelity International
2) Mr. Alexander Chan, Head of ESG Client Strategy Asia Pacific, Invesco
Module 5 – Climate and Environmental Risk
1) Mr. Ian Drew, Regional Head of Climate and Nature-Related Risk, Asia, HSBC
2) Ir. Dr. Bruce Chong, Director, Climate Change, Urban Sustainability & Smart City, East Asia, Arup
Module 6 – Carbon Markets and Trading
1) Dr. Shelley Zhou, Adjunct Associate Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, HKUST; Managing Principal, APAC ESG Lead, Capco
2) Mr. Jeff Huang, Founder, AEX Holdings