The impacts of a rapidly evolving financial and geopolitical environment are being felt by the world’s banking and finance sector, as well as the emergence of new opportunities now that the pandemic is almost over.
With the theme “Transforming Finance in an Uncertain Landscape”, this year’s HKIB Annual Banking Conference will focus on the fundamental forces driving change in the financial industry, including how geopolitical uncertainty, technology, regulation, and shifting consumer demands are influencing the sector’s landscape.
Industry experts, thought leaders, and innovators will discuss some of the challenges facing financial institutions today as they try to adapt to these new realities and find ways to innovate within them. They will delve into ways that banks can adapt their business models in response to the opportunities presented and how modern banks can adapt their operations and strategies to stay ahead of the curve and build resilient growth.
The speakers will explore how banks can access the vast and rapidly growing market in the GBA by further fostering partnerships and collaborations. There will also be discussions of other trends, including CBDC, digital assets, sustainable finance, and green technology. In terms of technology, we will explore how organisations are leveraging emerging technologies to streamline processes, improve customer experience, manage regulatory compliance, spur growth and create value. The agenda will also include a variety of themes, such as digital transformation, data analytics, Regtech, ESG, etc., at the three breakout streams.
With so much changes on the horizon, this conference is an essential resource for anyone interested in the future of banking and the role it will play in shaping our economy and society.
Event Details and Registration:
- Date: 26 September 2023 (Tuesday)
- Time: 9:00am – 5:15pm
- Venue: N101, Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Website: bankingconference.hkib.org/hkib2023
- Agenda: https://www.hkgreenfinance.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/HKIB-Annual-Banking-Agenda-Public.pdf
- Fee: Members of Supporting Organisations can register at a special rate to attend the event.
• HKD4,800 Full Day (Original: HKD6,100; Early Bird*: HKD4,200)
• HKD3,300 Afternoon Session (Original: HKD4,200; Early Bird*: HKD3,000)
• HKD1,700 Virtual Pass (Original: HKD2,000; Early Bird*: HKD1,400)
(*Early bird discount rate is applicable for registration received by 31 August 2023).
- HKIB CPD / SFC CPT / PWMA OPT: Full Day session: 5.5 hours and Afternoon session: 2.5 hours
- Enquiries: (852) 2153 7800 / email@example.com
This event is organised by the Hong Kong Institute of Bankers (HKIB) and supported by the Hong Kong Green Finance Association (HKGFA).