The journey to decarbonisation is becoming more challenging and costly given the enormous scale of emissions that need to be removed. Voluntary carbon markets, among others, emerge as one of the key tools to mobilise finance for the transition to a low-carbon economy. Hong Kong, being a leading international financial centre and regional green finance hub, should play a pivotal role in mobilising capital flows, among others, in the regional and global voluntary carbon markets.
With an aim of positioning Hong Kong to capture the green and sustainable opportunities arising from the global voluntary carbon market, thereby contributing to the decarbonisation goals of Hong Kong, the country, and beyond, the FSDC conducted a study to examine common challenges facing the current voluntary carbon markets across the world. The report puts forward key considerations for building a holistic ecosystem conducive to the development of carbon trading in Hong Kong.
You are cordially invited to join our Industry Exchange Series webinar to learn more about the paper. Our distinguished speakers will discuss the development of the global voluntary carbon market and measures to enhance Hong Kong’s stature as Asia’s leading green finance hub and, ultimately, strengthen the city’s position as an international financial centre.
- Dr. Ivan Li, Executive Director, Institute for Carbon Neutrality, China Galaxy International Financial Holdings Limited (See bio)
- Ms. Miranda Kwan, Director of Knowledge Solutions, SGS Hong Kong Limited (See bio)
- Mr. Pat-nie Woo, Partner, Head of ESG -Hong Kong, Global Co-Chair, Sustainable Finance, KPMG China (See bio)
- Dr. Terence Chan, Chairman, Bay Area Capital Partners Limited (See bio)
- Dr. King Au, Executive Director, FSDC (See bio)
This event is organized by the Financial Services Development Council and supported by the Hong Kong Green Finance Association. For enquiries, please feel free to contact Mr. Aidan Suen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (852) 3612 9942.