HKGFA is happy to support the webinar “Make an IMPACT!” to be held by the Financial Services Development Council (FSDC) on 9 December 2020 (Wed) from 5 pm to 6 pm (GMT+8). For more information on the webinar, please visit FSDC Website.
Climate crisis is happening right before us! Global action is necessary to contain, and hopefully reverse, the adverse impacts of climate change on planet Earth over time. The Hong Kong SAR Government has taken active measures, jointly with various key stakeholders, in developing a comprehensive ESG ecosystem. The establishment of the Green and Sustainable Finance Cross-Agency Steering Group earlier this year is a sign of the joint effort of the Hong Kong Inc. The investment community can also contribute towards this global effort by making impact investments with the intention to generate positive, measurable social and environmental impact alongside a financial return. While ESG investment has gained traction in Asia, private equity impact investment appears to have much room to grow in the region.
In this webinar, the panel will address:
- Hong Kong SAR Government’s strategy towards climate change via financial means
- Factors driving demand for impact investment
- Initiatives led by international organisations to address the pressing issue of climate change
- Experiences in other markets, and how asset owners are playing a role in this area
- Dr King Au, Executive Director, Financial Services Development Council (FSDC)
- Mr Joseph Chan, JP, Under Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury, Hong Kong SAR Government
- Ms Ronie Mak, Managing Director, RS Group
- Ms Maud Savary-Mornet, Senior Advisor for South East Asia, Global Impact Investing Network
- Mr Michael Salvatico, Head of Asia Pacific ESG Business Development, S&P Global Market Intelligence