Climate change has become a pressing global issue and the world is taking every effort to combat against it in different fronts. Sustainable finance and investing will play a pivotal role in directing capital towards projects and assets that deliver positive environmental and social impact for our transition towards a climate resilient and sustainable future. Hong Kong as a leading green and sustainable financial hub can contribute to the world’s effort and support the global transition towards a low-carbon and sustainable economy.
Hong Kong Green Finance Association collaborates with The HKUST Business School Executive Education Office collaborates to run the Certificate in Sustainable Finance program. The program supports the Hong Kong SAR Government’s drive to build ESG talent capacity, upskill and build the next generation of ESG and sustainable finance professionals. The program provides unique access and exposure to learn from industry experts and academia on the Asian sustainable finance landscape and networking opportunities.
The program will provide a comprehensive overview of sustainable and green finance in Asia, including the regulatory landscape, sustainable financing products, ESG integration and climate risk management to achieve net zero targets.
11, 18 & 25 June 2022 (Sat)
8:45am – 9:00am – Registration
9:00am – 11:30am – Morning Session
11:30am – 12:30pm – Lunch Break/Networking
12:30pm – 3:00pm – Afternoon Session
* Daily schedule is subject to change
HKGFA and HKUST Business School will jointly issue the Certificate of Completion to participants who have achieved a 70% attendance and assessment pass mark.
A written proof of attendance will be distributed to participants after each morning / afternoon session. HKICPA/ CFA/ SFC charterholders or licensed persons may be able to claim CPD hours/PL Credits/CPT hours based on the member guidelines.
HKGFA Members, HKUST Alumni (including participants of our open programs), and Members of Supporting Organisations enjoys special rate at HK$13,500
Module 1: Global Regulatory Overview: Green and Sustainable Finance Taxonomy and Standards.
1) Mr. K.T. Ting, Director, Strategic Services Development, Hong Kong Quality Assurance Agency
Module 2: ESG disclosure, Reporting and Data in Asia.
1) Dr. Calvin Lee Kwan, Adjunct Associate Professor, Division of Environment and Sustainability, HKUST; Head of Sustainability and Risk Governance, Link Asset Management Limited
Module 3: Structuring Sustainable Finance Products.
1) Prof. Veronique Lafon-Vinais, Co-Director, BSc in Sustainable and Green Finance, Associate Professor of Business Education, HKUST
2) Ms. Tracy Wong Harris, Head of Sustainable Finance Asia, Standard Chartered
Module 4: Designing Sustainable Portfolios and ESG Investing.
1) Mr. Gabriel Wilson-Otto, Director of Sustainable Investing, Fidelity International
2) Mr. Alexander Chan, Head of ESG Client Strategy Asia Pacific, Invesco
Module 5: Environmental and Climate Risk Analysis (ESG risks).
1) Mr. Ian Drew, Regional Head of Climate and Nature-Related Risk, Asia, HSBC
2) Ms. Grace Kwok, Chairman and Executive Director, Allied Sustainability and Environmental Consultants Group Limited
Module 6: Carbon Markets.
1) Dr. Shelley Zhou, Adjunct Associate Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, HKUST; Managing Principal, APAC ESG Lead, Capco
2) Ms. Grace Hui, Former Head of Green and Sustainable Finance, HKEX