KPMG and the Hong Kong Green Finance Association (“HKGFA”) will organise a webinar Asset Management Series (Episode 17): Are you ready? FMCC ESG Climate-related Risks Compliance is around the corner on Monday, 6 June 2022. The webinar will focus on the Securities and Futures Commission (“SFC”) Consultation Conclusions on Management and Disclosure of Climate-related Risks.
According to the SFC Circular, the regulatory requirements for climate-related risks will become effective after the following transition periods:
- a 12-month transition period for Large Fund Managers to comply with the baseline requirements (ie, until 20 August 2022) and a 15-month transition period for them to comply with the enhanced standards (ie, until 20 November 2022); and
- a 15-month transition period for other Fund Managers to comply with the baseline requirements (ie, until 20 November 2022).
In this upcoming webinar, the speakers will cover the following topics:
- Update on recent ESG developments related to climate risk;
- Overview of the Fund Manager Code of Conduct (“FMCC”) ESG climate risk-related guidelines and requirements;
- Introduction to PCAF Standard (“The Global GHG Accounting & Reporting Standard for the Financial Industry”); and
- Panel Discussion related to FMCC requirements with practical approaches, common challenges and solutions.
- Jenny Lee, Under Secretary General, Hong Kong Green Finance Association
Pat Woo, Partner, KPMG China and Global Co-Chair, Sustainable Finance, KPMG IMPACT
Angus Choi, Partner, ESG Advisory, Hong Kong, KPMG China
Anthony Cheung, Managing Director, ESG, Polymer Capital Management
Francis Tong, Strategist, Grand Alliance Asset Management
Tiange Wei, Asia Pacific Lead, PCAF