Pension Funds as Drivers of Sustainable Investment webinar will be held on 20th October (Tuesday) from 4 pm to 5:30 pm HKT. The webinar is held by FTSE Ruseell and supported by the Hong Kong Green Finance Association. Interest in sustainable investment and ESG has increased around the globe with significant assets benchmarked to ESG and sustainability strategies. Pension funds have been key drivers of the move to align assets with ESG investment objectives.As pension funds and institutional investors in the Asia Pacific region look to increase their allocation of both assets and resources to ESG, what lessons can pension schemes in Asia learn from European peers to integrate sustainability across their portfolios?
RSVP now to reserve a spot here
This panel will involve speakers from Europe and Asia who will explore following topics:
- How have pension funds been instrumental in shaping the global landscape for responsible investment?
- How are pension funds in Asia Pacific responding to investors and regulatory initiatives on sustainable investing?
- Pension funds often have large allocation to passive investments; how can index strategies help to safeguard long term value and meet investor objectives? How is this carried out in active strategies and across different asset classes?
- What is needed to drive the adoption for sustainable investment at pension funds in Hong Kong and across Asia Pacific?
- Jessie Pak, managing director, APAC, FTSE Russell
- Bess Joffe, Head of Responsible Investment, Church Commissioners Fund, UK
- Ka Shi Lau, Managing Director and CEO, BCT Group (BCT Financial Ltd & Bank Consortium Trust Co Ltd)
- Liza Jansen, Investment Strategist, PGGM, NL
- Jason Yu, Head of Multi-Asset Product, North Asia, Schroders
- David Harris, Group head of sustainable business, London Stock Exchange Group
- Sally Wong, CEO, Hong Kong Investment Funds Association