HKGFA invites you to join the webinar “The Value of Investing in Values” co-organized with KPMG China and Quinlan & Associates on Monday, 24 April 2023.
Asset managers sit at the heart of the global ESG ecosystem, playing a pivotal role with respect to regulatory advocacy, capital allocation decisions, and meeting rapidly evolving public expectations regarding sustainable business practices. However, Asia Pacific (“APAC”) lags significantly behind global standards when it comes to implementing sustainable practices across key environmental, social, and governance pillars.
According to a recent co-authored report by KPMG and Quinlan & Associates, The Value of Investing in Values – The ESG opportunity for APAC asset managers, non-adherence to rapidly evolving ESG standards will leave regional asset managers open to sizeable reputational risks, and create challenges with respect to capital raising, especially from offshore investors. In a recent HKGFA survey, respondents indicated that the key drivers for ESG investing are investor pressure, mitigating reputational risk and growing regulatory requirements.
Stronger allocations by regional managers to ESG-friendly assets are expected in the coming years, offering regional managers a USD 1.8 billion revenue opportunity by 2025.
It is our honour to host four high-profile guest speakers to join us, and share their thoughts how APAC asset managers can evolve from their current status as “Starters” or “Fast Followers” to becoming true “Market Leaders” on the global ESG stage, attracting significant ESG-related capital inflows.
In this event, we will look at the practical considerations surrounding ESG transformation for APAC asset managers, including:
- Examining the current state of ESG adoption in Asia Pacific, including the role(s) being played by institutional asset managers;
- Analysing the driving forces behind ESG adoption / integration for regional managers in the coming years, including “push” (i.e. regulatory) and “pull” (i.e. stakeholder expectation) factors;
- Evaluating the challenges and opportunities facing regional asset managers with respect to ESG adoption / integration;
- Exploring the strategic and operational adaptations being made by regional managers on their ESG transformation journeys, including what more needs to be done.
Monday, 24 April 2023
4:15 pm – 4:30 pm Check-in
4:30 pm – 5:00 pm Keynote speech from KPMG and Quinlan & Associates
5:00 pm – 6:00 pm Panel discussion
6:00pm – 6:10 pm Closing remark from Hong Kong Green Finance Association
(HKT/SGT – GMT+8 Time zone converter)
Virtual – Cisco WebEx Webinar
(Log-in details will be provided in the event confirmation email)
- Chee Hoong Tong, Partner, Asset Management, Hong Kong (SAR), KPMG China
- Benjamin Quinlan, CEO & Managing Partner, Quinlan & Associates
- Angus Choi, Partner, Climate and Sustainability, Hong Kong (SAR), KPMG China
Speakers (in alphabetical order by surname):
- Anthony Cheung, Managing Director, ESG, Polymer Capital Management
- Alfred Lee, Managing Director, Head of Institutional Business, North Asia ex-China, Amundi
- Ellie Tang, Director, Sustainable Investing, Fidelity International
- June Wong, CEO, Value Partners Group
Closing Remark Speaker:
Jenny Lee, Under Secretary General, Hong Kong Green Finance Association
Should you have any queries, please contact Jessica Luk at email@example.com or +852 2685 7620.