You are cordially invited to join the GIP Webinar On Financial Support For Transition To Net Zero on 23 February 2020 (Tue) from 4 pm to 6 pm (GMT+8), supported by Hong Kong Green Finance Association. Webinar capacity on first-come, first-served. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org/devsite for dial-in details.
Our Deputy Secretary General, Ms. Tracy Wong Harris, will moderate in the second session of the webinar with the topic of Financial Products for Net-zero Transition.
Session I: Innovation for Climate Transition
By end of 2020, around 44 countries have announced net-zero targets, where more than 20 of them were along the Belt and Road. While these announcements gave another push for green and sustainable investments in this region, investors shall also pay attention to the transition risks and be innovative in supporting the transition.
- Barbara Buchner, Global Managing Director, Climate Policy Initiative
- Alexander Fisher, Director Biodiversity, Climate and Environment, GIZ China
- Carel Cronenberg, Associate Director and lead MRV, EBRD
- Moderator: Cheng Lin, GIP Secretariat Beijing Office
Session II: Financial Products for Net-zero Transition
How should market players respond the tremendous demand for capital arising from the transition process? This session features presentations on the latest progress in transition-related financial products – bonds, loans, funds and insurance, to shed light on how market players can better engage in and benefit from net zero transitions.
- Rahul Sheth, Head of Sustainability Bonds, Debt Capital Markets, Standard Chartered Bank
- Victoria Land, Head of Sustainable Banking, Asia-Pacific, Credit Agricole CIB
- Wang Shen, Director, Department of Strategies & Solutions, China RE CRM
- Isabel Blanco, Associate Director and lead sector economist, EBRD
- Moderator: Tracy Wong Harris, Head of Sustainable Finance for Greater China and North Asia, Standard Chartered Bank; Deputy Secretary General, Hong Kong Green Finance Association