Investment firms increasingly see sustainable investing as critical for the sustainability of investing. In late 2020, CFA Institute published a report titled “Future of Sustainability in Investment Management” in which we explored the influences and drivers fuelling the sustainability trend and set out enablers and actions for investment firms, including the need to better integrate sustainability data and to develop sustainability expertise to meet client expectations with innovative products.
Despite the enormous growth in ESG assets, only about one-third of investment organizations have dedicated ESG specialists and, among one million investment professionals on LinkedIn, less than 1% disclosed sustainability-related skills in their profile. What does this mean for investment firms and managers that are hungry for talent? What are the latest trends in talent development? What can individual professionals do to equip themselves?
In this webinar, Rhodri Preece, CFA, senior head of industry research at CFA Institute, shares key highlights and takeaways from the study. Afterwards, leaders of investment firms examine the knowledge and skills required in integrating ESG into investment decisions, and their strategies in filling the ESG talent gap.
- Rhodri Preece, CFA, senior head of industry research, CFA Institute
- Anubhuti Gupta, CFA, head of AXA-IM Singapore, AXA
- Chaoni Huang, head of sustainable capital markets, Global Markets APAC, BNP Paribas
- Charles Wu, CFA, Chief Investment Officer, SAS Trustee Corporation
- Mary Leung, CFA, head of advocacy for Asia-Pacific, CFA Institute