Invitation to the HKGFA and HKTDC Workshop on “Financing a Sustainable and Inclusive Future” and Green Deal Flow Matchmaking at 12th Asian Financial Forum 2019, Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre – 15th January 2019
As of part of the 12th Asian Financial Forum (AFF) 2019, Hong Kong Green Finance Association and Hong Kong Trade & Development Council (HKTDC) will jointly host a workshop on “Financing a Sustainable and Inclusive Future” and Green Deal Flow Matchmaking on 15th January 2019. As COP24 was just concluded, climate change actions along with other broader sustainability movements have been gaining strong momentums but still faces barriers such as political backlash and sceptics.
- The big question that we would like to address at the roundtable is How Asian economies can deliver climate resilient and inclusive growth via the engine of finance and policy. We have lined up a distinguished panel of speakers representing different facets of finance and government. This 1-hour roundtable (4pm- 5pm on 15th Jan 2019) is open to all HKGFA members at no cost. Please register your attendance at AFF 2019 Workshop before 27 December 2018.
Moderator: Dr. MA Jun, Chairman and President of Hong Kong Green Finance Association
- Joseph Chan, Under Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury, the Government of Hong Kong S.A.R
- Nurlan Kussainov, CEO, Astana International Finance Centre
- Julia Leung, Deputy CEO, Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong
- Vivek Pathak, Regional Director for East Asia and the Pacific, IFC
- Paul Yang, Head of Greater China and CEO of BNP Paribas Hong Kong Branch
- To coincide with AFF, we have invited a group of issuers and borrowers from mainland China with business focus on environmental protection. As such, Green Deal Flow Matchmaking is featured for the first time at AFF through our collaboration with HKTDC. Green issuers and project owners, investors, financiers, brokers and related service providers are highly encouraged to sign up to connect and match. Participation to Deal Flow Matchingmaking is complimentary.
Should you wish to attend the 2-day AFF program, HKGFA members can enjoy a 50% discount off delegate fee with the registration code: RSP135.