On 14 September, the HKGFA and HKTDC co-organized the Roundtable on “Green and Sustainable Investment Opportunities under the Belt and Road Initiative” to advance collaboration on how the real economy can access sustainable finance to facilitate the transition to net-zero.
Dr. Ma Jun, Chairman and President of HKGFA, delivered special remarks at the green finance roundtable at the Belt and Road Summit. He highlighted the current sustainable finance landscape and emphasized the vital role that Hong Kong and HKGFA can play as a platform to connect and support businesses’ financing and transition needs.
Roundtable Discussion Themes
- The Selous Voluntary Carbon and Offset Project (SVCP) by GreenCop Development
- Description: Generation and sale of carbon credits through forest conservation
- Zero Carbon Sand by Kinming Resources Group
- Description: Low carbon sand production for reclamation
- Integrated Wind-Solar Power Based Green Hydrogen and Green Ammonia Project by Mintal Hydrogen Energy (Australia) Pty. Ltd.
- Description: Green production of ammonia as carbonless fuel
- RCR GREEN Infrastructure by Stonewood Group
- Description: Construction of infrastructure such as solar farms, solar rooftop and EV chargers
Special Remarks by Dr Ma Jun, Chairman and President, Hong Kong Green Finance Association