Hong Kong Green Finance Association – Secretary General
Hong Kong Green Finance Association (HKGFA) is an independent, non-profit organization with over 160 Hong Kong-based institutional members and a platform that promotes and develops Hong Kong as a leading green and sustainable finance centre. HKGFA is also a founding member of the Greater Bay Area Green Finance Alliance (GBA-GFA). As the Hong Kong representative for GBA-GFA, HKGFA enables and facilitates integration of sustainable finance standards and development in Shenzhen, Guangzhou and Macau.
HKGFA’s engages industry in sustainable finance capacity building, education, thought leadership research, regulatory consultation, and collaborations with international Associations on global best practices. Members include banks, asset managers, consultants, professional service firms, and market infrastructure and technology service providers.
We are looking for a talented individual with strong leadership quality from a diverse background that includes senior roles in banking, asset management, environmental NGO, consultancy and communications. This exciting role involves engagement with senior representatives from the sustainable finance industry, member firms and regulators, cross-border collaboration, fundraising and new business development opportunities, in addition to managing the Secretariat office.
- Under Executive Committee’s guidance, responsible for developing HKGFA’s strategy, work plans and initiatives to deliver measurable impactful outcome
- Work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to drive and develop working group initiatives, coordinate projects, and promote communication between members
- Be forward thinking and identify market trends for advancing the sustainable finance ecosystem. Propose, organise and host capacity-building events and conferences, build and manage HKGFA’s media presence
- Actively engage, grow and deepen the existing membership base, including developing strong relationships with senior representatives, encouraging active engagement in HKGFA’s work and integrating HKGFA members’ feedback into potential initiatives
- Establish strong working relationships with regulators, policymakers and industry stakeholders involved in banking, capital markets, insurance, listed companies, asset owner and pension funds.
- Take charge of HKGFA’s day-to-day running including but not limited to the Secretariat business operations, accounting, and administrative functions and team management
- Be responsible for our revenue growth, while managing and monitoring HKGFA’s finances ensuring sufficient balances, payment of invoices, membership and sponsorship fees and liaison with professional services as appropriate
- Provide Secretariat support and coordinate with GBA-GFA counterparts on cross-border working group initiatives and bilateral meetings.
- 15+ years of experience in Banking &Finance, Asset Management, NGO or relevant industry. Understanding of climate policy and other sustainability mega trends, and market development demonstrated through previous work experience a plus
- The ideal candidate should be a self-motivated individual with the ability to think and operate on his/her own with strong team spirit
- Proven track record of leading high-performance teams, multi-stakeholder engagement and relationship management.
- Strong communication skills and high caliber written and spoken presentation skills in English, Putonghua and Cantonese.
- The candidate needs to be able to perform well under tight timelines and heavy workload in a fast evolving environment
- Under/post-graduate degree: environmental policy or related disciplines, economics, finance, business management and administration and communications.
- Location of the role: Hong Kong
- Remuneration: NGO competitive
- Start immediately
Interested parties, please email HKGFA email@example.com on or before 3 July 2023 (Monday).
Personal data collected used for recruitment purposes only. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.