HKGFA is Hiring – Senior Manager
Hong Kong Green Finance Association (HKGFA) is an independent, non-profit organization with over 160 Hong Kong-based institutional members and a platform that promotes and develops Hong Kong as a leading green and sustainable finance centre. HKGFA is also a founding member of the Greater Bay Area Green Finance Alliance (GBA-GFA). As the Hong Kong representative for GBA-GFA, HKGFA enables and facilitates integration of sustainable finance standards and development in Shenzhen, Guangzhou and Macau.
HKGFA’s engages industry in sustainable finance capacity building, education, thought leadership research, regulatory consultation, and collaborations with international Associations on global best practices. Members include banks, asset managers, consultants, professional service firms, and market infrastructure and technology service providers.
We are looking for a talented individual from a diverse background that includes senior roles in banking, asset management, environmental NGO, consultancy and communications. This exciting role involves engagement with senior representatives from the sustainable finance industry, member firms and regulators, cross-border collaboration, fundraising and new business development opportunities. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee and manage HKGFA’s Secretariat business operations, accounting, and administrative functions.
- Work with the Executive Committee and Secretariat team on delivering HKGFA’s strategic plans and initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to drive and develop working group initiatives, coordinate projects, and promote communication between members.
- Be forward thinking and identify market trends for advancing the sustainable finance ecosystem. Organise and host capacity-building events and conferences and manage HKGFA’s social media platform.
- Actively engage, grow and deepen the existing membership base, including developing strong relationships with senior representatives, encouraging active engagement in HKGFA’s work and integrating HKGFA members’ feedback into potential initiatives.
- Manage and monitor HKGFA’s finances ensuring sufficient balances, payment of invoices, membership and sponsorship fees and liason with professional services as appropriate
- Provide Secretariat support and coordinate with GBA-GFA counterparts on cross-border working group initiatives and bilateral meetings.
- Establish strong working relationships with regulators, policymakers and industry stakeholders involved in banking, capital markets, insurance, listed companies, asset owner and pension funds.
- 10+ years of experience in Finance, NGO or relevant industry. Sustainability a plus.
- Undergraduate degree: environmental policy or related disciplines, economics, finance, business management and administration and communications.
- Proven track record of leading high-performance teams, multi-stakeholder engagement and relationship management.
- Strong communication skills and high caliber written and spoken presentation skills in English, Putonghua and Cantonese.
- Understanding of climate and sustainability, ESG trends and standards demonstrated through previous work experience a plus
- Location of the role: Hong Kong
- Start immediately
Interested parties, please email HKGFA email@example.com.
Personal data collected used for recruitment purposes only. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.