Ms. Jenny Lee, HKGFA Deputy Secretary General, spoke at the Hong Kong ESG Reporting Awards (HERA) 2023 on 26 October with fellow panel speakers on Financing the Way to Net Zero Carbon.
Highlights of the panel
- Encourage harmonisation of standards with higher transparency and credibility in disclosure and reporting.
- Carbon accounting and identifying materiality are crucial first steps to locating suitable finance product in the green and sustainable finance market.
- Financing for SMEs should be further scaled up to strengthen the transitioning of the overall ecosystem.
- Innovation in clean energy, technology , and sustainability-related practices should be further motivated.
HKGFA is a continuous supporter to HERA and will remain our strong connections with our members and partners to encourage sustainability related disclosure and reporting through our Working Group and Workstreams, while echoing the Chief Executive’s Policy Address to promote the development of green and sustainable business in HK.
Moderator: Ms. Phoebe Chan, Capital Markets Policy Specialist, CFA Institute
- Ms. Jenny Lee, Deputy Secretary General, Hong Kong Green Finance Association
- Ms. Shelley Yu, ESG and Climate Client Coverage Lead, MSCI
- Mr. King Chung (KC) Lam, Head of Consulate and Chamber Engagement, Transport and Industrial, InvestHK
- Ms. Celina Chan, Head of Sustainable Finance, OCBC
- Mr. Sachin Iyer, Co-Head of Asia Pacific Sustainable Debt Markets Origination, Citi