Thank you to our expert panel speakers and more than 110 industry participants for joining the HKGFA Transition Training Series – Introduction to Setting Science-Based Targets for Private Equity Firms.
Key take aways on how private equity firms can facilitate credible GHG emissions reduction targets:
- PE firms can follow a 7-step process to set science-based reduction targets for Scope 1, Scope 2, and Scope 3 emissions.
- PCAF (Partnership for Carbon Accounting Financials) can be used to help calculate a firm’s financed emissions, and PE firms identify a baseline for GHG emissions.
- GHG emissions data availability, coverage and corporate governance remains key challenges for private equity firms to set science-based targets.
- Introduction to SBTi Guidance on Private Equity
- Climate Strategy and SBT Overview
- Key Challenges and Resolutions for Private Equity in SBTi
Agenda and speaker details:
- Dennis Wu, Green and Sustainable Private Equity Working Group Co-Chair, HKGFA; Chief Executive Officer & Executive Director, Allied Sustainability and Environmental Consultants Group Limited
- Monica Bae, Director of Investor Practice, Hong Kong, Asia Investor Group on Climate Change (AIGCC)
- Howard Shih, Research Associate, SBTi Finance, World Resources Institute
- Tang Zhongzhong, Head of Sustainability, BPEA EQT
- Angus Choi, Sustainability and Climate Change Consultant, KPMG Hong Kong