Thank you to all our members and industry participants who joined us in-person and online for an informative panel discussion on “Greenwashing Risk, Regulation and Mitigation. What You Need to Know.” and networking event on 10 March 2023 (Friday). HKGFA welcomed close to 700 attendees and look forward to continuing the dialogue and collaboration with all stakeholders to mitigate risks of greenwashing and develop a sounder green and sustainable finance market.
Key takeaways from the presentation on Greenwashing: A Brief Context:
– Information accessibility and transparency are essential to greenwashing risks control.
Relevant Resource: Greenwashing Regulatory Updates – 2023
Key insights from the panel speakers’ discussion:
– Taxonomy adoption and improvement in disclosure maturity are two key efforts to mitigate greenwashing
– Interoperability, comparability, and transparence are the 3 core considerations of green finance classification framework.
– TCFD and ISSB are the 2 key important reference of disclosure requirements development.
– The market should pay attention to the multidisciplinary risks derived from greenwashing including risks in talent development.
Special thanks to our speakers:
- Ben McQuhae, Founder, Ben McQuhae & Co; Vice President and Special Advisor to the Chairman, HKGFA
- Calvin Lee Kwan, Director of Sustainability and Risk Governance, Link Asset Management
- Daniel Cash, Associate Professor, Aston University (UK); Fulbright Scholar, New York University Stern Business School (US)
- Grace Wong, Senior Manager, Market Development, External Department, Hong Kong Monetary Authority
- Winnie Tam, Senior Manager, Intermediaries Supervision Department, Securities and Futures Commission