Hong Kong Green Finance Association engaged in the HKTDC Eco Expo Asia held on 26 – 29 October 2021. Representatives from HKGFA engaged in the Eco Asia Conference on 29 October 2021 through two panel discussions on “Green Finance as Catalyst for Eco Business Development” and “Leveraging on Latest Green Finance Instruments and Best Practices on Certification and ESG Reporting”.
Two key takeaways from our expert panelists on accessing green finance for eco-projects:
“Act Now,” and set ambitious targets for climate-related risk reduction and decarbonisation. Shareholders, investors and regulators may not demand it, but early adoption has proven to generate future benefits, return on investment and access to green financing.
Applying for third party certification not offers a framework and alignment of business strategy with Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) goals, but also an effective communication tool for stakeholder and investor engagement.
Panel Discussion 1
Green Finance as Catalyst for Eco Business Development
- Mr Darryl Chan, JP, Executive Director (External), Hong Kong Monetary Authority
- Mr Joseph H. L. Chan, JP, Under Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury, HKSAR
- Ms Grace Hui, Managing Director Head of Green and Sustainable Finance, Markets Division, Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited
- Mr Stephen Wong, Vice President and Policy Research and Dissemination Working Group Co-chair, Hong Kong Green Finance Association; Senior Vice President & Executive Director of Public Policy Institute, Our Hong Kong Foundation
Panel Discussion 2
Leveraging on Latest Green Finance Instruments and Best Practices on Certification and ESG Reporting
- Ms Jenny Lee, Under Secretary General, Hong Kong Green Finance Association
- Ms Meico Cheong, General Manager, Hong Kong Quality Assurance Agency
- Mr Dennis Wu, Vice Chairman and Executive Director, Allied Sustainability and Environmental Consultants Group Limited Green and Sustainable Private Equity Working Group Co-chair, Hong Kong Green Finance Association
- Mr Jonathan Drew, Managing Director, ESG Solutions, Global Banking Asia-Pacific, The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation; Vice President and Green and Sustainable Banking Working Group Co-chair, Hong Kong Green Finance Association
- Mr King Lai, CFO & Group Director, Leo Paper Group